Friday, August 9, 2019

Introduction + Way Too Many Craft Supplies!

Hello out there in Blogger Land!  Welcome to my page!  As the title explains, I am a avid crafter, HUGE Disney fan, 4th grade teacher and a mom to 3 awesome kiddos!  

This is my first step in blogging.  I love writing and sharing my ideas (along with getting super new cool ideas from others) so here I am!

A little about me:  

First of all, I am addicted to crafting. You name it and I've tried it.  Not always successfully, since I have the attention span of a 2 year old. I've done jewelry, doll furniture and accessories, bead art, string art, clay, woodworking, crocheting, sewing, etc.  And I finish only about a third of what I start!  At the moment, I am trying to organize my craft room/laundry room.  I did not realize I had so many beads!  Those things are everywhere!  This time, I decided to sort them! Wait... what?  Why would I do that?  Because those little suckers got mixed up!  😵  They are making me crazy!  But I digress... My latest unfinished project is a huge dollhouse my hubby bought me for Christmas. Yeah I know it's August.  I'm working on finishing that thing... eventually!  

Moving on... 

I am also addicted to Disney.  By addicted, I mean I carry a Disney purse, Disney wallet, Disney phone case, wear Disney sunglasses, use a Disney coffee cup and water bottle daily, wear Disney themed clothes, wear Disney perfume, etc.  My latest project is decorating my classroom for the upcoming school year with Disney.  Yeah I know... it's bordering on crazed obsession.  What can I say?  We are actually leaving for our Disney trip in 29 days!  6 nights in the most magical place on Earth!  Last year, we surprised our kiddos with a trip.  This year they have been part of the planning so it's extra fun.  I'm taking my mother in law for her very first time.  I think she's more excited than the kiddos!  Hubby said we won't go next year, but I'm already thinking how I can get him to change his mind... hehehe!

Next...

I am currently a 4th grade teacher enjoying what's last of her summer break!  Where did the time go?  I can't believe it's already August!  I actually really love what I do and I am super excited to go back!  I absolutely love walking into my sparkling clean classroom (💙 our custodial staff!!) and just standing there for a moment, picturing what it will look like!  Then I become a crazy person, opening boxes and organizing supplies!  Ooohh!  That makes me sound like a super hero.  *Cheesy intro music.... By night, she's a normal cooking, baking, drinking (some), swearing (a little more) mom! When morning comes, she turns into Captain Teacher - armed with her stapler for cutesy bulletin boards, teacher manuals, and a drive to entertain her littles!  HAHA!  I really do love my job!  There's usually some singing (bad) and some dancing (even worse) on my part.  Anything to get the kids engaged in learning!

Saving the best for last...

My most important job is being a mom.  Squirt is 13, Peanut is 10, and Bubs is 7. (*Disclaimer: These are not their real names! I'm not that mean of a mom!)  Two girls and the youngest is a boy (and yes he is the baby!).  They are great kids!  I really mean that!  They're really good about playing together, even though sometimes the girls gang up on Bubs.  That's to be expected.  It's hard for me to believe I have a teenager!  I mean, I'm only 25!  (HUGE LIE!!)  She got her first cell phone this past Christmas.  Way later than all her friends!  She gets off the bus before I get home, so it worked out.  I even send her to pick up the little kiddos from time to time.  I love my kids, but whoever said parenting was a walk in the park never had kids!!  Have to question every decision we make for them to make sure they turn out to be good people.  That's all I can ask for!

Well that's it for today!  Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment